Why attend the 2014 International Summit of Cooperatives?
The first International Summit of Cooperatives was so successful that a second edition was confirmed for 2014.
Are you thinking about registering? Here are seven good reasons that will entice you to mark your calendars from October 6 to 9, 2014, and participate in this key event about the world of cooperatives and mutuals:
1. Meet world-renowned leading experts in the cooperative and mutualist movement.
Prominent leaders from all over the world will be expected in Quebec City, Canada in October, 2014, to talk about their expertise, their achievements and their views on the future of the cooperative and mutualist model. They will also discuss the solutions that the cooperative approach has on the challenges created by a world rocked by economic upheavals.
2. Be an active player to further strengthen and promote the cooperative model.
Be a part of achieving goals set out by and for the cooperative movement:
- Ensure the cooperatives' full developmental potential in a struggling economy.
- Ensure the cooperatives' growth by staying close to its members, by becoming more agile when meeting the current and future needs of people and by working together in order to combine cooperative growth and community development.
- Demonstrate the cooperatives' potential in playing a key role on the international stage by providing better visibility of the cooperatives' achievements, in meeting economic needs and in preparing future leaders by promoting awareness of the cooperative model.
3. Take advantage of a unique program based on the economic and financial challenges that cooperatives and mutuals face, in order to improve your enterprise's management.
- An innovation-oriented program for greater productivity, sound capitalization, adequate financing and an efficient financing structure capable of ensuring cooperative development.
- The program, which will be announced shortly, promises to be filled with key events and will tackle major global issues.
4. Take part in the discussions.
- Roundtables to discuss key topics, such as the best organizational practices, governance, member satisfaction, culture of performance, sharing of values, corporate responsibility, talent attraction and retention.
- Workshops to address specific issues by activity sector: forestry, agriculture, retail, goods and services, insurance, finances, health, etc.
5. Hone your knowledge.
- View the results of groundbreaking and exclusive international studies related to the cooperative and mutualist movement. These studies are at the core of the Summit's program and represent an invaluable source of information.
6. Expand your network.
- Discuss with cooperative and mutual leaders from over 100 countries.
- Participate in networking and intercooperation activities for business development purposes.
7. Take part in the adoption of a common declaration.
This common declaration, adopted by cooperatives and mutuals, will definitely address the dual objectives that the Summit has set.
- Facilitate the emergence of innovative solutions in order to take on the economic and financial challenges that cooperative and mutual leaders face.
- Emphasize and acknowledge the strength of the cooperative and mutualist movement worldwide.
There you have them, all the good reasons why you should attend the 2014 International Summit of Cooperatives.
Mark your calendars for this not-to-be-missed event taking place in the World heritage city of Quebec, Canada, from October 6 to 9, 2014.